Monday, January 28, 2013

Reflection #2: Secret Identities

Superheroes are always faced with a tough decision, but their morals always stop them from doing the wrong thing.  Superheroes always have the opportunity to kill those who are doing wrong, but instead they choose to bring the villain to the authorities so they can pay for what they did.  From the discussions in class, I see that taking the "high road" in this case, is always better.  I may not always do this because I do get in enough arguments over little things that could easily be looked over with a simple "sorry".  This is obviously not compared to killing a villain, but in my life, I can see the negative from the arguments I get in.  I am a true believer in karma, and in the case of the superheroes, if they do end up killing a villain, there will be something that will effect their life in a negative way.  In my case, I can remember times where after getting into little arguments, that I was bit by karma.

Secret identities for superheroes are important.  If a superhero lets their identity slip, there could be a negative impact on their life.  A villain could hurt someone in the family, or a friend, or even a loved one.  To superheroes, their secret identities are a way to let themselves still live a life outside of saving the world. 

In one way or another, we all have different identities.  If it is being a daughter, or a friend, a student and so on.  They may not be as secretive as a superheroes, but we all have different fronts we put on for different people.  Negotiating between these identities are easy because you know how you can act in front of different people and how some people expect you to act.  I feel as if the identities that I have go hand in hand though.  I think that everyone's go together in a way that makes them though.  If I did not have the identities that I have, how would I act?  Even, would I be the person I am today?

2 comments:

  1. I agree that we all have different identities as well. I believe that people will act different ways in certain situations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you mentioned karma. Thinking about karma and how doing something bad or good can come back to us is a helpful way to navigate the world.

    ReplyDelete