I think that almost all of my friendships are considered pleasure and utility. I enjoy being around my friends and spending time with them when I can. I have had a majoriry of my friendships since before I entered high school and we are still friends to this day. I also think this because we all benefit from each other. We help each other and know that we are there for one another. Me and my boyfriends relationship/friendship is still considered pleasure probably too just because of the fact that I still have a lot of growing up to do and because I am still learning. Maybe one day in the future I can see it becoming a virtue relationship, but right now, it isn't.
Tuesday, March 19, 2013
Reflection #7: A Mix of Things
After the first exercise I felt relaxed. I chose to do this exercise in the middle of doing homework. I decided to do this because I thought it would help me focus again. I noticed that once I was done with the 15 minutes, I felt like I was rejuvenated. I could see myself having silent meditation every so often when I am stressed during the week to help me settle and be able to finish my work. The second exercise, I noticed that whenever I was doing the body scan, I noticed a heart beat in that specific area. This exercise made me felt relaxed also, but a different relaxed because I had different thoughts in my mind when we had to think of the different emotions. The two addiction activities I chose were to hear a dog barking, which instantly make me think of my two puppies back at home and made me miss them even more. The second activity that I chose was a scent, and the scent that I chose was my boyfriends cologne that he wears, which is one of my all time favorites, Abercrombie and Fitch's Fierce. This made me wish I was back home and able to spend more time with him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I said the same thing about me and my boyfriend's relationship. It definitely has potential, but like you said, I also have a lot of learning and growing up to do. It's always cool to think about the future and thinking that someday it could be something even more.
ReplyDeleteI'm on the same page with both of you. Max and I have potential to be a relationship of virtue, but I believe that we have some many other things going on in our life, that just focusing on each other is impossible right now. I would like to think that life will continue to get less stressful (I know I'm probably wrong) and then we can become part of a virtued relationship. I also like that you chose your boyfriends cologne. That seems as if it would draw a lot of memories.
ReplyDeleteI too have made most of my close friends before high school. I also appreciate how you, Courtney,and Jennifer are both very rational in your relationships with your boyfriends.
ReplyDelete