Monday, April 15, 2013

Hero

Coach tells Thom that he cannot be on the team because his seizures are a liability to the school.  I have never been in a situation where my health was a liability to the school, but I feel as if I would be really frustrated.  I feel as if I would not know what to do especially if it was a sport that I played my whole life.  My parents would take it hard to because I know they would miss being able to see my play a sport that I loved so much.
I believe Ruth was telling Thom that he needs to do what he wants to do now because you do not know what is going to happen in the future.  If you do not know things that make you happy, you might not ever get the chance again.  For me, I can't think of anything off the top of my head that I am waiting to make me happy.  I know that once I am done with all my school papers, readings, and finals, I will be happy that it is summer though.  To be in charge of your own happiness, you need to live life to its fullest at all times.  If you want to be happy, do things that make you happy, and don't care what other people think.
I believe that a majority of people have the opportunity to really feel like they mean something to do the universe.  I really think it happens to those who take the opportunity to let people show their appreciation.  For me, I think it would happen at a softball game, if I hit a game changing ball or make a game saving play.  I would defiantly gain more confidence about what I was doing, that's for sure. 
I believe the perfect first kiss would be with someone you truly think you could spend the rest of your life with.  Now, no one can tell that by the first kiss when it happens, but I think once you look back after being in a relationship and remember you first kiss, it could be considered perfect.  I think it is possible to achieve, you just do not know it at the time.  And who hasn't had a small crush on a famous figure? I mean, with Channing Tatum, Ryan Reynolds, and Josh Hutcherson out there, how can you not? I think we have these crushes because a majority of the time, we do not think that the guys around us look like that.  They look perfect on TV or in a movie, and we cannot get past that in a way.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with your statement on if you want to be happy, you should do the things that make you happy regardless of what people think. Unfortunately, our society puts expectations on people to act or live a certain way. I am a nerd at heart, and I love to lose myself into a sci-fi novel or tv series, more specifically Doctor Who, or a video game for hours. It makes me happy, and I can forget about all the stress I had during that time. Or even spending time with my girlfriend, because I can focus on the things that make me happy to get me through the day. Some may think that because I watch nerdy shows or play video games that I will just be that guy who lives in his mothers basement. But the thing is, us nerds can do all this and still be successful, live an adventurous life, and be happy outside our virtual reality. I wish people could push aside social expectations every now and then and just LIVE A LITTLE!

    ReplyDelete