Thursday, April 4, 2013

Reflection #9

I feel as if I became my hometown hero, I would want to wear my every day clothes, jeans and a t-shirt that is.  I wouldn't want people to know who I was, so I would probably wear a mask of some sort.  I wouldn't want the recognition from people if they knew I was the hometown hero.  I feel as if dressing in every day clothes would be a simple idea because then you fit in with everyone and don't have to stand out.  That is what a hero is to me at least, someone who can look the same as everyone, but still puts their life on hold to help people.

I think what I would want to do for my hometown was to stop the people who are breaking into houses.  Majority of the time people like to break into garages or houses of people that they think are out of town.  I would need a lot more people for this, but just having people know that there are others watching out for you would be nice.  It would also have the criminals a little weary I think, especially once one of them is caught.  Helping homeless people would be on my list too.  I do not see many walking around in my neighborhood, but for the few that do need the help, I would help them too.

I don't know which hero from the film I identify with most.  I feel there is no one set hero, but I do know that I would want their guts to be able to do something like that.  Be able to go out in towns, dressed up, helping people.  It takes a lot more than it would seem.

1 comment:

  1. I liked how you said that a hero is someone who can look like everyone else but still put their life on hold to help people. You don't need to wear a bright colored suit in order to help people. My town has a huge problem with breaking into garages and houses too. Maybe you can come to Galesburg and help up out!

    ReplyDelete