Sunday, February 3, 2013

Reflection #3: Free Write

     Through the readings this past week, I am learning more and more about things that I like.  Superheroes aren't really anything I talk about with my friends, but with the readings we have been given, I find myself opening up and freely talking about Superman and Batman randomly throughout the day.  I even find myself texting my friends from back home with little facts that I have read, if it's about identities of Superheroes, or how they were originally and even little facts that I already knew, I always manage to be adding one in a conversation.  Most of the time I get responses like "That's cool!" and even, "Stac, I don't care", yet, I still do it.  I feel as if finding all these little facts has made my liking for Superheroes increase.  I have always liked them, but now that I know so much more than before, it's like a have a new respect for those behind them. 



     Batman is my ultimate favorite Superhero, yet, I find myself starting to like Superman more and more.  Superman is "opposite" compared to most Superheroes, mainly because of his secret identity concept.  I don't remember if I have seen a Superman movie or not, but I feel like if I do watch one, I would understand more of what is happening.  Learning more about Superman gave me a different way to look at him, a new respect in a way.  He's one of those Superheroes that you're like, he's so much like us, he's boring.  In one of the articles, that was stated, how Superman is boring in a way.  I think that if you just look on the outside of the comics, you can see that.  Once you read more into his background, I don't think you have to agree that Superman is not in fact, boring at all.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with how you are starting to like Superman more. I never had much experience with him until now. I think when the movie comes out it will definitely affect how I feel about him even more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you in regards to your first paragraph. I never used to talk about superheroes much beyond the movies. Now, after the readings and discussions in class, I find myself much more interested. I often find myself sharing my new found facts and tidbits of information about superheroes with my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same way about my interests in superheroes. I'm not highly interested in them or anything but the more I learn about them and just how comics overall had/have an impact on American I think it is pretty interesting. I also agree on your thoughts about Superman. The more we learn about him the easier it is to see that he really isn't as boring as I thought, he has a lot going on in his life that I couldn't imagine having to deal with.

    ReplyDelete