Being an only child, I had to be creative and use my imagination. I remember one time on a Sunday, I remember that because my uncles were over and they came over every Sunday. I wanted to go camping, but I couldn't.. Instead, of going outside though and making a tent, I decided I want to camp inside. So I cleaned my room, pushed my bed to the side and set up my 101 Dalmatians tent in the middle of my room. Of course I wanted it to be night time out, so I shut all my windows and turned the light off. I dragged my sleeping bag out and brought a pillow inside my tent. To get a "fire" I set up "logs" made out of paper and threw crumbled up newspaper around a flashlight. This is just one amongst many of things that I did to have fun as a child, but probably one of my prouder moments.
Lately though, my creative side doesn't seem to want to come to light. Yet, when I am in a pickle, it's like everything comes to my mind to get me out of this pickle. When I went home this past weekend, my mother, who wants to believe that she can still give me a time to come home and I'll listen, told me to be home by midnight.. Now, I knew that wasn't going to happen, but I agreed instead. So once I strolled in at like 2 after being dropped off, of course when I went to say goodnight and that I was home, I got the small talk of, "where were you?, why are you late?" So, like any time, like I was in high school, I would say that I lost track of time. It doesn't work anymore, so after an elaborate story of why I was late, she was completely confused because of everything I said, so she just told me to go to bed. Now, this wasn't a problem, but it got me out of having to end up doing the dishes the next morning before I left to come back to school. So win, win for me I guess.
I have recently watched Iron Man 2, again and thought that the final scene where Iron Man and Lt. Col. James Rhodes are fighting the villains and when they have defeated all the minions of Ivan Vanko, Iron Man and James Rhodes decided to aim their lasers at each other, like a previous scene, and use it to blow up Ivan Vanko in his whiplash looking costume. I thought this was creative because they both used something that they did not know could happen until they also killed one another in the first place.
I thought Rhodes and Stark were creative as well as quick on their feet when they defeated Vanko. Rhodes is supposed to be fighting along side with Stark in Iron Man 3, so hopefully we will see fight together again with the addition of bigger badder suits.
ReplyDeleteI used to camp inside my house all the time when I was younger! I had this awesome purple teepee that I would sleep in and pretend that I was like a real Indian, roughing it in the wilderness. Also, I can relate to the midnight curfew in high school when I would have to come up with some pretty strange excuses for why I was late.
ReplyDelete