Monday, April 8, 2013
Reflection #10: Back to 7
For this blog, I decided to go back to reflection #7 where we go more in tune with the universe. Since I have had a couple rough weeks since getting back from spring break, taking time to meditate was something I decided to try again. With a rush of homework, projects, exams, and finishing my student teaching application, I was anxiety filled. I knew I needed to do something before I had a small nervous break down. I decided to sit in my room with all the lights off and the TV off. I knew I would have complete silence because my roommate and quad mates were in class. I sat on the floor with my legs criss-crossed. The first time, I only sat there for 5 minutes before I got up. That 5 minutes did wonders though. I felt like a weights has been lifted off my shoulders. About ten minutes later, I wanted to sit in silence again. It's something about being in my room surrounded with books that makes me anxious. This time, it was for a good 15 minutes, and I swear I fell asleep. I know I said in my last reflection about this that I would try to do these meditations semi regularly, but I never had the idea of doing them really until these past few weeks. Since I have been back from spring break, I have probably sat in silence with my eyes closed at least twice a week. It makes me feel so much more relaxed. Even if it is for a little, it's almost like I have more time to myself when I do these things.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am glad meditating was able to relax you. I totally understand the feeling of being super-stressed, believe me. I have to find time to relax on my schedule because I know it will end up driving me into the ground if I don't. For my reflection 7 post, I strongly recommended everyone just to sit down and relax for a period of time. Just sitting and relaxing can help a great deal! Or even going somewhere for a day can help you relax. I just had our Phi Delt formal this weekend and I was able to have a great time and let all my stress go. My girlfriend commented on how relax I looked, and it was a nice to see myself relaxed for once. I recommend that you meditate at least once a week and see how it helps you keep on track.
ReplyDelete